This guide will walk through creating an automation script to deploy the RocketCyber Agent.
First, a few notes about the agent deployment script:
- The console generates an agent deployment script (.mws) file that can be imported directly into Managed Workplace. You can use the same .mws file across customers. It requires that the appropriate license key parameter is filled in when scheduling the script to run.
- The agent deployment script first checks to see if the agent is already installed before performing an install.
- If the agent deployment script does not detect an installed agent, it will download the agent installer package to the local machine and execute it.
Creating The Deployment Script
1. Log on to the RocketCyber console. From the left hand navigation menu click on All Customers.
2. Click Deploy for the appropriate customer.
3. Click the Download button
4. Logon to Managed Workplace
From the Left-Hand Navigation Menu.
Click on Automation
Click on Library
5. Click on More Actions/Import
Click Browse to browse to the .mws file you previously downloaded. Select and click OK.
The .mws file will be imported and display a screen similar to the one below.
Click Close to complete the import process.
Congratulations! You have know uploaded and created a library script to deploy the agent to any customer.
Next, create a schedule or run now task to run the script on targeted endpoints.
Scheduling Script Execution
1. From the Left Hand Navigation Menu
Click on Automation
Click on Calendar
At this point there are two options one is to run now immediately the other is to Schedule the script to be executed. We will use the Run Now option for this discussion. The Schedule option is the same workflow except you choose when you want the script to execute.
2. Click on Run Now
Choose what to execute: Click item from library
Choose an item by name: Type in the name of the script that you imported in Step 5 above.
3. Add the appropriate customer license key in the License Key parameter field. The license key can be found on the Deployment view in the console for the specific customer you are deploying to.
4. Click on Target Devices / Add button.
Use the filter controls to select the devices that you want to target for this script to be executed on. Click OK after making selections.
You should see the list of target devices in the list. Make any changes if necessary.
5. Click Run Now
You should then see the script scheduled on the calendar with its current status (pending) until it executes.
When completed you should see it scheduled item turn green and status updated as succeeded.
Double-click on the schedule item in the calendar to see detail results. If there were any errors the Standard Output field would display them.