This guide will walk through using the Datto RMM to deploy the RocketCyber Agent.
First, a few notes about the deployment script:
- The console generates a PowerShell script per customer that automatically includes the information required to deploy the agent, specifically the license key and the url.
- The script first checks to see if the agent is already installed before performing an install.
- If the script does not detect an installed agent, it will download the agent installer package to the local machine and execute it.
1. Log on to the RocketCyber console, from the left hand navigation menu click on All Customers.
2. Click Deploy for the appropriate customer.
3. Click the Download button to download the PowerShell script for the desired customer.
4. Log on to the Datto RMM, navigate to the desired site and click the Components Tab
5. From the Components menu click New Component
6. When the new Component screen displays enter the following information:
Category : Scripts
Name: Give this a meaningful name and include the Customer name
Description: Provide a description of the component
Click Save to continue
7. On the Component Script Editor screen in the Script section, choose Powershell as the script type
8. Copy/paste the contents of the PowerShell script downloaded from the RocketCyber console into the script edit box.
9. Click Save to save the newly created script component.
10. Next we need to schedule the execution of the new script component. Click on the Jobs tab, then click New Job
11. Provide a Name for the Job you are scheduling. If you want to schedule this deployment for a later date or time click the Click to change... button to setup a specific schedule. Otherwise this job will execute immediately after it is saved.
12. Click the Add Targets button to target devices where this job should run.
13. Choose any target devices and click the Add button
14. In the Components Section click Add a Component
15. Choose the RocketCyber Agent Deployment you created from the previous steps. Click Save
All fields for the Job should now be completed. Optionally you can turn on notifications for this job.
16. When finished editing click the Save button
17. If you specified for the Job to run immediately, click OK on the prompt to run the Job now.
The job should now be listed in the Scheduled Jobs tab and will be executed at the interval specified.
When the job is executed, the devices that were targeted by the Job will appear in the RocketCyber Console under the appropriate customer account.
If the script did not execute properly you can view any error results in the Completed Jobs details view
Click on the icon in the Stdout and Stderr columns to view script output.